in response to her mom on how she is doing...
I'm okay, which is odd. I guess right now, I'm just too busy to feel really homesick.It also helps to have a house in The Woodlands! Bible study starts Tuesday, and I got a note from Maya's teacher asking me to stop by and talk to the Lower School principal about subbing and helping out (I sent her note yesterday telling her a little about my background and offering to help.). This week, I've spent my days riding the bus to school, going shopping with someone from the compound (I'm a little nervous to go by myself, at this point. Paying the bill always makes me nervous.), and hanging out with Kai in the afternoons. I've also been decorating some, even though I should be trying to organise and find places for the pharmacy that we brought with us. I swear....between the toiletries and medicine, we could open our own Walgreens! I got the curtains up, which made a huge difference, and several other things are "done". I'm no decorator, but I must say that I did a pretty durned good job picking out curtains, throw pillows, etc.!
Latest news....
I got out of the shower last night (It hadn't been draining well, but I didn't think much of it.) to find the bathroom, closet, and most of the bedroom flooded in about a half-inch of water. The drain in the middle of the bathroom floor had a small, bubbling fountain of water coming out of it! Fortunately, the water hadn't made it to all the electrical stuff plugged in behind Randy's bedside table. I used almost every towel in the house stopping the spread of the water (I plugged the tub up immediately, which stopped the "fountain".). They came out immediately and cleaned it all up, and then came to fix the plumbing/clog this afternoon. It worked fine this evening as I bathed my happy-but-filthy-from-playing-outdoors children. :)
That's the latest in the "As the Southern Hemisphere Turns" soap opera!
Good-Bye, Blue Dog...
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment