We're out of school today for "Heroes' Day". There's a big party/BBQ happening at the Rec Center. Randy'll probably take the kids swimming for the first time in this pool, if he can get away from work on time. Please put him (and his boss, Jon) on your prayer list. They are working themselves ragged on the decommissioning of one of the ships. It's a MESS! It's also a full-time job on its own, but Ran has to do it on top of everything else. Hopefully, it'll be mostly done by the end of December.
I ordered Halloween costumes for the kids today---Superman for Kai, Jessie for Maya. Here's hoping they make it here on time. We might as well live on another planet! ;)
I'm having a blast teaching 4th grade! I'm exhausted, but it's a good kind of exhausted. Still wouldn't want to go back to regular classroom teaching again. I get to give these kids back in four weeks! I taught the kids how to do the "Elvis Thank you" to their group members the other day, and then, at their request, I did a little Elvis "concert". (Believe it or not, with only two American students in a class of 20, almost all of them knew who Elvis was. ) Some of the girls came up to me yesterday and said, "Ms. Woods, you have the best grown-up voice we've ever heard!" How cute! They need to get out more!
Good-Bye, Blue Dog...
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment