Was going to call, but long distance isn't working. I just get weird beeps and some dude talking in Portugese. I shouldn't be surprised....the electricity at school went out four times today (It was a few seconds each time, thankfully.) . Ahhh....the joys of living in a third-world country!
I'm beyond exhausted, but I'm having fun getting to be a "professional" again for a few weeks. "My" class is a good group of kids, for the most part, and we're getting along fine. I have pangs of homesickness when I don't stay busy, so this is a good survival technique for the next five weeks, at least! I'm planning on working once a week at the orphanage Exxon supports as soon the October break is over. I don't know how the puppets will go over to a group of Portugese-speaking kiddoes, but I'm sure Cha Cha and Lamb Chop can learn a bit of their language before then!
Just tried the phone again and can't get out. I'll try again tomorrow.
Good-Bye, Blue Dog...
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment